Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Vaishno Devi Trip

I am just back from an amazing trip to the Mata Vaishno Devi, it was a trip that was planned a few months back and it all went according to plan and I thank god for making that possible. This was my first time at the Vaishno devi and I thoroughly enjoyed the trip. Although I must confess that after visiting the Holy Amarnath, I didn't find this trip very hectic and tiring, in fact I have been through so much that I actually enjoyed the trek of 14 odd kilometers. I also did not find the scenes around as beautiful as others did because I had witnessed more scenes that any one can possibly do unless they visit the Holy Amarnath.

The weather was hot and it was raining heavily which made the way a lot messy but still we were lucky enough as we had rain coats and umbrellas with us. I completed the entire path on foot while others with me took ponies. It was a very satisfying trip and I enjoyed the yatra as well the actual mandir. I also enjoyed the Atka Aarti that happens twice daily and you to register for it. I found myself completely lost in the aarti and I was singing the bhajans and aarti that the pandits there were telling. I could feel myself in another world and it was a devine feeling. I also enjoyed being on television, yes I was the Atka aarti is covered live on MH1 channel and my parents and relatives saw me and others there.

I was a bit disappointed with the way things were being managed, it was all in a mess with no proper arrangements for the devotees who have come there to pay their heritage. The management of things and how the officials there treat public was disheartening. I also don't like people throwing wastes into the valley and I could see so many things thrown that were all plastics and other non bio degradable items. A bit of common sense should prevail. It was a great trip to say the least. I went there with my sister, brother-in-law and the family of a friend, we were 6 people altogether and we enjoyed ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment