Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Struggle for Existence

This is a topic that has been discussed in various forums and by millions of people. All have their own theory and logic to prove them. I am not going to indulge into the perennial debate, I am going to present my own story and leave it to you guys to decide if that is actually 'Struggle for Existence'.
 
I am presently in my hometown and I have had lots of time in leisure and have had the chance to roam in the roads that I have travelled once I was a Young kid. I passed through a lane that I am sure I had not been through for at least last decade or so. I saw an old man who was sitting under the tree with barely any clothes on him. I was surprised to see him there in the cold, I stopped to have a closer look and I was shocked when I was his face. He was the same man that I used to see, when I was in Allahabad, moving around the streets searching for food and clothes. I even remember my father giving him some old clothes. I was not sure how to react and I just moved away and walked away back home.
 
I have been sitting on that thought since then and I am still not sure how that person has managed to live with all the cruelties of life surrounding him. I did not know what to do but still I decided to give him a blanket. I took one from home and walked back to the place that I had seen him. I could not find him there, he was gone. I assumed that he must have gone in search of some food. I have not seen him since then.
 
There is nothing that I could do to help him but the mere thought that he has survived all these years without food and shelter made me think that we always struggle for existence in our life. I found this a perfect example for Struggle for Existence. I leave the rest on you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment