Thursday, October 14, 2010

Test Cricket at its Best

I am talking about the recently concluded India - Australia Test Cricket series. I am sure this was the most closely fought test series that I have ever seen. It had some real good performances from both the sides some real close games. India won both the matches making the series even more memorable. Also I hate the Aussies for their attitude so it was good to see them bite the dust. Sachin once again showed his true character and proved himself on the biggest stage of all. I am still in awe and so hung up in the series.

Test cricket has always excited me, it is according to me the best test of your cricketing abilities and is still the best and the toughest form of cricket played. It shows the true character of the players and their mental strengths. It allows the players to plan things and then execute it to perfection. Dhoni is blessed with a great batting line up and for a change some good bowlers. India has always struggled to find good fast bowlers. I loved the comment of Dhoni when he was speaking after being named the Captain of the Test Team of the Year in ICC Awards. He said that he would love to play 5 bowlers as that is something you cannot do being the captain of India.

The innings of Laxman, Raina, Sachin and even the cameo played by Ishant Sharma will remain in our hearts for long. It has been one hell of a series. The last day of the second test match saw a full house in Bangalore and I guess it is not often that you see a full house for a test match. Both the matches were very close and the atmosphere was electric. The game was so evenly balanced that it could have gone either ways, but the Indians held their nerves and came on top. Well done guys we are proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment