Monday, June 10, 2013

The art of making tea !

I have not been very fond of drinking tea, in-fact it has just been a few years since I have started drinking tea. But there have been so many instances now when I had the urge to have tea that I could now understand why do people feel so much addicted to tea.
 
As I said, I only started drinking tea few years back, it was more of a act to accompany people that were with me to kick off things for me and gradually I started enjoying it. I would like to walk back and narrate a few of my most memorable tea breaks. These are in no specific order.
 
  • The first instance that I remember was my flat at dwarka where the 4 of us, Yogesh, Yashpal, Deepak and myself used to have tea at about 3:00 in the morning (mostly Saturday's) after the 11:00pm - 2:00am movies. The taste of that tea is still afresh in my mouth and I can still feel its warmth. Although most of the time it used to be me who had to prepare tea but I still loved it and I must say it was worth the effort.
  • The other instance right from the top of my head is the early (lazy) morning tea around 10:00 with Pranjali and Shruti at my place in Ghaziabad. This is generally a Saturday or at times a Sunday morning. This is important as this tea break was a break from sleep. We woke up, had tea and then go back to sleep. A lavish and very lazy but effective way of spending a weekend.
  • Next one that I can remember is the tea breaks at FirstRain with team-mates who were more like family to me. The likes of Yogita, Ajay, Ankush, Yogesh, Deepak, Chilu and lots more. That tea break was the only break where tea was just for the name of it, we actually ate more. I still remember lots of fun and leg pulling that we used to do while on the break.
  • Most recently I have started having tea breaks which end up becoming long breaks with colleagues and chatting about features and futures. I at times feel that now my tea breaks in office are more of brainstorming session rather than a break from work. It gives me the feel that I have now matured as a professional. Still those tea breaks have proved useful and my friends Lalit and others would agree.
 
I was reminded of the advantages of drinking tea by a friend when I questioned his urge to have tea every couple of hours and he has made me go down the memory lane and remember the magical moments that I have had drinking tea. Whether I know the art of making tea or not (most people believe that I do and love the tea that I prepare) I am sure it has coloured my life with colours that were not known to me. Having said all of this I wish I never have to choose between Tea and Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment