Friday, May 31, 2013

Sharon chali Haridwar

Allow me to introduce you to Sharon before I narrate her story.  She is a young girl, who wants to be happy and enjoy her life but always finds herself in a situation where she does not know what to do and what not to. She is happily confused, ever smiling, cooking up hypothetical situations and then planning for them. Overall she is a great girl and a treat to be with.
 
So this time Sharon has a family picnic planned to Haridwar. When I say family it includes her parents, elder sister and her grandmother along with few other families of her father's friend. She always wants to go around places and enjoy herself. But this time she is confused. She wants to go but she does not know if she really wants to go. Her elder sister is not going now and she is left with her cousins, whom she is not very fond off, and her parents. So a trip that she thought would be a great one has suddenly turned into a trap for her. So she decides to give herself a chance by allowing fate decide if she goes or not. Hence she:
  • points out 2 fingers to me, and says one she goes and the other she doesn't and asks me to choose one. I pick the one that says she goes and then she says you should have picked the other one.
  •  asks me to toss a coin, head she goes and tail she doesn't. It came down as heads, hence I cheated.
  • she says it is her trip so only she gets to toss the coin. You know what came, didn't you? 
30 minutes earlier she was convinced that she is going and now she is delightfully confused. She calls up every possible person so that she does not have to go. She calls up one friend in a hope that she can come along, but that does not work out. She calls another friend and she declines as well. Now she  is sure she does not want to go. Well wait, she says but she should go as she is very tired and bored with the daily routine and she needs a break. Another 15 minutes down the line she tells me that most probably she is not going.

Irrespective of the outcome of the situation what I am most concerned about is the uncertainty that we have in our lives. I have been guilty of getting into situations that I do not see a way out. But there are a few things that you just have to do on instinct and there is no logical backing behind that. I am not sure whether Sharon would go or not but what I am sure is that she gives us a perfect example of how our mind follows our heart. I am impressed by the fact that situation is very normal and almost all of us have been in situations such as these but there is no definite answer as to what to do when you are in such a situation. I just follow my heart in such situations, I have been guilty of taking some wrong decisions and also feel proud about the others. But one thing is for sure that I never regret any decision that I took following my heart.  

So if you are Sharon, or you feel that you have been through a similar type of situation my advice is to follow what your heart tells you. I generally like to leave my audience with open questions, so I will leave you to decide whether Sharon should go or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment