Thursday, May 2, 2013

Acting and Theatre - miss you everyday

"You that choose not by the view, Chance as fair and choose as true. Since this fortune falls to you, Be content and seek no new. If you be well pleased with this And hold your fortune for your bliss,
Turn you where your lady is And claim her with a loving kiss
" .... the famous lines from Merchant of Venice were the last lines that I had delivered on a stage and it has been almost a decade and no more acting and theatre for me. I still remember that day, those lines, the entire audience, the judges and some of my colleagues (who were making me laugh). I was very confident that I would make it through the auditions and get selected but as always life had other plans and I was rejected because my accent was not up to the mark.
 
When I walked back home from the auditions, I was very sure that I would come back with lots of practice and re-appear for the auditions and get selected for some other play. But I never knew that would end up being the last stage performance in years for me. To be honest, I have not really been serious about it in the recent years else I might have tried it once again. I still miss it and hope that life would give me one opportunity at one of my passions in life. As they say it is never too late.
 
I met somebody few days back and we were casually talking and somehow the subject moved to something that I used to do in my life that I miss even today. I kept quiet for a while, walked down the memory lane, smiled and replied 'Acting'. Since that day it has been all over me and I seem to miss all that even more. It has been all over me since that day and I just want to go back in time and enjoy and experience all that just for one more time. Memories are all I have and some very good ones indeed. I never wanted to make a career in them but still I wanted to be in touch with theatre, art, stage shows, radio programs, and even those stupid roles that I did when in school.
 
When I was in London, I made sure I visited Shakespeare Globe theatre and thought and even imagined myself on the stage performing on one of his plays. This in itself proves that my passion for acting has not yet died it is just that the professional life and the work pressure that has taken center stage and everything else has just taken a back seat. I wish someday I will still be on the stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment