Saturday, June 12, 2010

35 Priceless Minutes

I was in my office just back from lunch when my cell phone buzzed and I saw a unknown number calling. I am sick and tired of these people calling me from banks, funds and other things that I have no interest in. I thought it would be one of those calls so I thought not to pick it up at all. My cell sang the Summer of 69 which I have as ring tone and then went quite but within a matter of seconds it started again, this time I picked it up and took it close to my ears. Even before I could say hello, I heard a voice so familiar and so pleasant that I trembled. Within a split second I ran down my entire life to match this beautiful voice with the person and finally I did. I said hello with my eyes almost filled with tears and a sweet little smile on face.

I couldn't feel anything around me, I left my seat and walked into a meeting room, closed the door and made myself comfortable on the chair. I could almost feel that the chair has engulfed me and I am on its lap. I talked for about 35 mins and then I had to cut the line as I had a meeting scheduled at 14:30 pm. But those 35 odd minutes made yesterday a very memorable day for me. That call came as a surprise to me and I heard that voice after a period of at least 9 - 10 months.

It was wonderful feeling but now it is over and life is back to normal, I spent the rest of the day pondering over the call but now I do not even know if yesterday was the last time I heard that voice or will there be any other day when I will get a call that will shake me and make me feel like GOD. It was a very pleasant surprise and I thank GOD from the bottom of my heart for this wonderful moment. I will preserve and cherish it for a very very long time.

6 comments:

  1. First of all congrats for talking with someone so close after so many months. Pratyush I want to ask you onething why you stopped receiving anonymous comments. Pratyush I was not having Gmail account today I got time so I specially created it to write a comment here.

    So, had you meet with your other two friends. If yes then how was the meeting. I hope the angry friend was really felt happy after meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is this I even need your approval to post my comment. So bad of you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anu, I am sorry for any problems that you or any one else might have faced due to my stopping anonymous comments but there are somethings which need to be handled. For your question about meeting friends I had already replied on your comment. You can read the reply at http://pratyushnathblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-have-so-many-reasons-to-fight-with.html#comments. Copy and paste this URL to view the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry for again starting the same topic. I read your last comment then only I asked you that have you got time to meet your angry friend. I am psychiatrist by profession and I can judge by wording that what a person means from those words. Pratyush your friend said you that he/she having many reasons to fight with you and to hate you but he/she still loves you. Then I must tell you that he/she really wants you in his/her life forever and he/she really needs to be listen. He/she is not at-all angry with you there is something else which affecting him/her which he/she share with you only or with any counselor who can guide him/her. I would suggest you that if you really treat him/her your true friend then talk with him/her once face to face and make it a point that you don’t talk anything else or can’t give him/her a room to change the topic. I just said you all this because it’s my job to cure people. Thanks & have a great time ahead. Hope to hear from you soon.

    Note: - If your friend is a girl then I would like to tell you that she really loves you a lot and you are very luck to have such a person in your life. I am elder then you and also a doctor if you take my advice then don’t publish my comment till the time you wouldn’t talk with this person. Just get some time from your busy schedule and call your friend and I can bet he/she will talk with you like nothing has happened and he/she was never angry with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anu, I met those 2 friends that I had talked about. And I have a health relationship with both of them. Anyways thanks for your advice. One more thing that I would like to clarify that within friends there is no scope for anger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeh pratyush what are you saying. In friendship what is healthy and what is unhealthy. If you are saying you are having healthy relationship with your friends that you are not his friend and if you are true his friend then you will never write we have healthy relation. Two friends always fight, get angry with each other but still wouldn't leave each other. Buddy do you really want true friends in your life then be true to yourself.

    @Anu- I truely believe you are great. What a eye you have? I am sure these lines were said by a girl and pratyush is really lucky that he has someone who love him so much that whatever happened that person can't hate him.
    This is called a true friendship or true love.

    -Sudhanshu Shrivastava

    ReplyDelete