Saturday, June 19, 2010

Asia Cup : India beat Pakistan

India, Pakistan cricket matches are always very intensive and today's match was no different. It was a thrilling encounter and finally India emerged victorious. The match was keenly contested and went down to the wire before it was decided. The match swung both sides before Harbhajan shot India to a victory. Pakistan won a very good toss and decided to bat, they scored a good decent total of 267 which meant India would need to bat really well to chase down the total which by God they did and did that in style.

The match was nicely poised with both teams having equal opportunities. It was a thriller and the last over was a sort of repeat of history of what Javed Miadad did when he hit the last ball for six and won the game for Pakistan. Similarly Harbhajan Singh hit a six of the penultimate delivery and took India to victory. I am really impressed by the way the team performed. The most important thing was beating Pakistan which is always a special thing to do.

I have not watched any match of this Asia cup, the cup has been eclipsed by the FIFA World Cup but still I decided to watch the India Pakistan encounter and I must say that it was worth the time I invested and I was satisfied with the result. But keeping in mind the future of Indian cricket I am not sure why does Ravindra Jadeja play in the Indian team. Dhoni in the post match presentation said that he bowled well, if we are playing him as a bowler then I am sorry we have better bowlers and if we are playing him as a batsman then also I am sorry because we have better option than him. It is really hard to understand what role and responsibility Jadeja has in the team. With very little time left before the world cup we should find a balanced team else this will hurt us badly in the World Cup. The team selection confuses me like hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment