Wednesday, May 26, 2010

How many times do you laugh at a joke ?

This may sound weird but is true and you may even find that this has happened to you as well. So coming to the point straight away I would like to say that are two types of people in the audience when you crack a joke or something. You will always find the audience divided on your jokes i.e. some of them laugh immediately and others after a while and some never laugh at all. I have analyzed the same and found two basic reasons behind the same. One is that your joke is so bad that people don't feel like laughing at it rather laugh at you. Other reason could be that they did not get your joke.

I am assuming that my jokes are worth the laugh so I am eliminating the first reason. So that leaves me with just the option that people do not understand the jokes that I crack. The point to be noted here is that everyone laughs at the jokes that I crack. Only difference being that some laugh once and some laugh thrice. Confused ?

When I crack a joke, those who understand it laugh instantly. Others who do not understand also laugh just to show that they have understood and nobody makes fool of them. Then later sometimes when they actually understand what the joke was all about they laugh again. They laugh once again only that this time they laugh upon themselves that they could not understand this joke at the first instance. So next time when you hear a joke or something, count the number of times you laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment