Sunday, May 9, 2010

T20 World Cup 2010

There is just nothing about the T20 world cup this year for us to remember. It has been a dreadful journey to say the least. We are almost done in this years world cup and if they do not improve substantially they will be good on paper only. I was shocked at the team selection for today's match, how can you go into a match with just 3 proper bowlers and 4 part time spinners on a juicy and bouncy pitch when you have been taken to the cleaners a couple of days earlier by the Australians. How does the Indian team selection justify playing Ravindra Jadeja shouldn't he have been replaced with another fast bowler preferably Praveen Kumar if he was fit to play.

I was shocked at the team they selected for the World cup in the first place. They left out Robin Uthappa, Ojha and even Amit Mishra who were the inform players in the recently concluded IPL. I guess cricket was all about form wasn't it ? then what made you select Piyush Chawla specially when you are not going to play him. Even if I leave all these selection issues, still if a team who boosts of players like Yuvraj, Gambhir, Yusuf Pathan, MS Dhoni and Suresh Raina with 8 batsman and cannot chase 170 odd then my friend there is some serious problem.

I am really depressed and shocked at the dismal performance of the Indian team and seriously I didn't want to waste my time in writing anything about this subject but my very dear friend and room mate who has to watch all the matches even when he is least interested because of me asked me to write something on this subject. Believe me he was also pissed off at the show that our team put up so when he said I should write I could not say no and I honestly believe that I owe him this post for all the times he has had to watch a cricket match just because I do. Yogesh, this one is for you mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment