Saturday, May 8, 2010

Jai Ho !

Each one of us remember the track Jai Ho from Slumdog Millionaire that got A.R. Rahman the Oscar and did us all proud. Yes it has been time since that has happened but the memories are still fresh in our minds. The song Jai Ho suddenly has gained impetus and is known to and loved by everybody. If you have seen the IPL closing ceremony just before the finals in Mumbai, you must have seen Rahman performing live and he selected Jai Ho. I really liked Rahul's status message on Facebook which read "A.R. Rahman needs to be reminded that Jai Ho isn't the only song he's composed.. there are many more.. better ones, I dare say.." I completely agree with Rahul, but the fact that this song has achieved what no other song could makes it better than the rest.

Today I witnessed something that I had never witnessed ever before. I watched a video on YouTube that has some Spanish singers singing Jai Ho in Hindi somewhere in Spain. This is just amazing and I don't remember the last time a Hindi song was sung in foreign countries and in Hindi itself and this dragged me to write this post. You must watch this video and judge for yourself. It is simply amazing and one could address Gulzar sahib and A.R. Rahman ji and say JAI HO !!! for creating such a lovely song and making India and all the Indians proud.

Click here to watch the video

No comments:

Post a Comment