Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Aal Izz Well

Do I need to give context to what I am writing here ? The answer is NO, if you think otherwise, you are wasting your time reading this post, you should be watching 3 Idiots. I have already posted an article on this movie where I declared this movie as the best movie of 2009. I still maintain my words and now everyone is saying the same thing. An article on the front page of Hindustan Times (Delhi Edition) has prompted me to write this blog post. You can read the article here. The article itself is under the section 'Beyond Belief' and I guess that is a good enough indication that the film has exceeded all the expectations.

My Facebook feeds, friends names in Orkut, everybody considering himself an idiot and feeling proud when people call them an idiot have all been inspired by this movie. The movie is doing a business of 17 crore per day. I am still in shock since I have read this news. I want you guys to tell the talented Sagarika Ghosh that she has got things wrong this time around. She has written a nicely crafted 'good for nothing' post that aims at making all the efforts in the movie to expose the flaws in our system look foolish. Read her thoughts about the movie here and make your own decision.

I believe that movies like this are good for the society as it highlights the basic problems that a child faces once he is thrown into the giant web. I don't know what prompted Sagarika to write that post. I guess studying in St. Stephens and Oxford does not expose you to the horrors of a normal Engineering College. Having said that I must also accept the fact that it is her way of looking into things. But I still fail to agree with any of her points but then as they would say Aal Izz Well.

Side Note: Please memorize the following lines they are lovely. Give me some sunshine, give me some rain, give me another chance I wanna grow up once again. [How True !!!]

2 comments:

  1. I think you have taken all the things in only and only one way. you are clearly writing that whatever movie storyline said is true. Tell me onething is this good to give exams with false identity??? Then how could that Rancho became a scientist when he had given his degree to Ranchordas. My dear try this in real world then only you will realize that its not that easy which that movie is saying. Take a movie as a movie don't try to implement it in real life because while doing movie you can re-take it but in real life you can't re-take things.

    Anu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that it is a movie and should be treated as a movie. Also I never said that we should try to implement things that are shown in the movie. But still I believe that there is pressure on each individual to perform and what the charaters of Raju and Farhan denoted are very true. I don't believe that giving an exam with a false identity is correct but if you try to analyze what the charater was trying to depict you could see a boy who has a zeal to study but his situation and condition are not allowing him to chase his dream. It also shows that if given a chance that person could end up becoming a scientist. Things are always the way you think they are. I just wanted to take the positives out of the movie. And Yes as you pointed out it is a movie so they need to show the hero excel as it is the demand of Hindi cinema.

    ReplyDelete