Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Rendezvous 2010

We had all gathered at Varanasi to give a warm welcome to the year 2010 but it turned out to be a really cool welcome. The weather changed drastically a day or two before the New Year Eve. It was good for us as it made the bonfire more effective and important. We had lots of fun on the new year eve, we had music, dance, games. We were treated to lovely drinks and superb food. The music is still ringing in my mind, I could still feel the warmth of the bonfire, the day was brilliant.

But the time leading upto the event was not as exciting, it was interesting and very hectic. My train was scheduled to reach Allahabad @ 00:10 hrs on the 31st but due to fog and mist the train got delayed and reached Allahabad @ 03:20 hrs in the morning leaving me tired staring at my watch. I was also deprived of food as the train did not have a pantry car. After a short nap I had to drive from Allahabad to Varanasi with my parents. It is approx a distance of 130 kms but after the tired night it felt much more. But everything was off in a flash as soon as I reached Varanasi.

The place was full of my relatives and there was fun in the air. There is something about that house of ours that attracts me towards it. I had fun the entire day and almost through out the night. I had to go back to Allahabad on the evening of the 1st Jan and had to catch my train back to Delhi on the 2nd night. The train took a good 18 - 19 hours to reach Delhi rather than the usual 9 hrs. It was due to the fog and mist and also the accidents that occurred near Kanpur the previous day. The trip was short but it was refreshing and really good. I had a great time, it was a perfect begining to a New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment