Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Last Drop...

We are back from our Shimla trip and we had lots of fun. I will write a separate post for the Shimla trip and post lots of pics for all of you. But this post will focus on something else. This trip was the last outing with Jitender Singh Gahlawat, Friday 22nd was his last day in office and the Shimla trip was his last outing with us. He is leaving for Bangalore tonight at 21:00 hrs from New Delhi. We called the Shimla trip as the Last Drop of Jitender.

I have already posted a blog on Jitu's farewell but I guess a man of his stature needs a bit more importance and remembrance. He was very close me and we had a healthy relationship both officially and personally. He was my senior and I have learnt a lot from him. He is very supportive and has helped me come out of my rough patches. He has taught me lessons that I believe are very important though they are often ignored. He was my critique and always pointed out my mistakes so that I can improve. I am a fan of his and I would miss him a lot in the coming time.

He has decided to permanently shift to Bangalore so it would not be easy to meet him and I am afraid I have lost yet another close friend. He was like a big brother to me. He was the one person who very regularly read my blogs and gave his opinion. He has been a real guiding force for me. He has also taught me so many technical things that I would not have otherwise learnt. He has given a different perspective to my way of thinking; he has installed in me a fighting spirit. I really appreciate the way in which he has supported me and helped out. I have lost two seniors and close friends within a period of 40 days and I am feeling pretty low about it. As I am writing this post, Jitu gave me a call from the Airport just to enquire about my health. To brief you guys, I was down with fever and cold while in Shimla. These are small gestures that do not take much, I also know it for a fact that it was not done as a formality, and he is genuinely concerned. I will miss you sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment