Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Flashback 2009

This is basically going to be my last post this year, I am leaving for my hometown tomorrow evening and would be back early next year. I want this post to reflect all the happening throughout the year. This is going to be a long post so I apologize in advance. But this post will track all the important events that took place in the year 2009.

The year started superbly for me, I was in GOA and it was a fabulous trip and I enjoyed each and every moment. I then came back all set to buy a new car for myself. On the 22nd I became a proud owner of Maruti Suzuki Swift Vxi. I had always loved this car and finally it was mine so it was a great feeling and a great beginning to the year.

February is always special, not for Valentines day but because my birthday is on the 8th of Feb. It was a eventful birth day as my parents joined and we went to the famous Mela of Surajkund. In March we paid a surprise visit to our parents on occasion of Holi and I went there by road in my new car. The total distance covered in going to and coming back from Allahabad was approx 1700 kms. My sister and brother-in-law accompanied me in this trip. My Grandfather (Nana ji) was overwhelmed by this act and he felt proud for me.

April began with a bang with Yashpal, one of my best friend, got married to the love of his life Anju on the 3rd of April. It was such a relief, all the investment made over the years finally gave results. We had planned a Water Rafting trip at Rishikesh starting on the 12th of April and everything was ready but God had different ideas. My Nana ji died on 11th night and we were plunged into deep sorrow. My mother is the only child and I had lost my Nani ji as early as 1994 so with the death of Nana ji, my mother had lost both her parents and she was shattered.

I was very attached to my Nana Ji and could not digest it. Also the fact that I was worried about my Mother and that she was all alone made me visit her very frequently in the months of May and June. That made these two months very hectic and I was like deserted. But as it is said that time heals everything, we also came out of the situation and returned to our normal lives but the loss was irreparable.

In the second week of July, 10th to be precise, Yashpal left FirstRain and joined Sapient. I was very happy for him at the same time there was a fear that we would not be working together anymore. I went to Shimla in the first week of August with my sister, brother-in-law and his friends. It was a great trip for two major reasons. One we were relieved of the scorching heat of Delhi and two it has been a while since I had an outing and it was a refreshing trip.

September brought a sad news for all of us at FirstRain as Harshal decided to quit. He was a one man army and his shoes are too big for any common man to fill into. His sheer presence was a influencing factor and we miss him and his services even today. He has subscribed to my Blog and I am sure he will read this so I take this opportunity to thank him for all the guidance and support.

October brought my parents back to Delhi to celebrate the second birthday of my nephew Daksh on the 4th of October, it was scheduled to be a grand party but things did not shape up and we ended up having a small family dinner at the Country Inn and Suites, Ghaziabad. It was a great place with great food and we had loads of fun. It was at this point of time we realised that time flies, it seems as if it was just yesterday when Daksh stepped into this world. God Bless you sweetu. I also visited Allahabad in October to be home with my parents on Diwali. We were not in the best of moods and Diwali was not celebrated as we do generally. It was more of a custom that we followed.

November marked a great change in my life as my parents Gifted me a house in Sector 5 Vasundhara, Ghaziabad in Olive County. The deal was finalized and the payments were settled on the 14th of November so I considered it as my Children's Day Gift. It was a feat that we were trying to achieve for sometime and finally got it done. A great relief and yes a great asset. I also visited home with my room mates on a weekend and enjoyed ourselves in the city. We also visited famous places in Allahabad and also took a dip in the Holy Ganges, Sangam to be precise. November also marked the marriage of one of my oldest friends Rishi.

It has been a eventful year to say the least, I have seen good times and bad and the best part of it is that the year is still not over. I have already had a busy last week with friends. I had a blast on Christmas and I have great plans for the coming new year eve. I guess I would be busy welcoming new year and am sure will not be able to catch hold of my Laptop. So a HAPPY NEW YEAR in advance, will be back early next year and then I shall post a formal New Year post, till then take care and enjoy !!!.

1 comment: