Friday, December 18, 2009

The Other Side of 'Bheegi Billi'

'Bheegi Billi', the famous animated character airing on 9XM channel has made me think differently. I enjoy watching it as much as you people do but I find something a bit more serious being conveyed silently. Have you ever imagined why the cartoon always ends up on the losing side and why has it been named 'Bheegi Billi' ?. Well even I never thought about it but just today morning while the show was running I tried to analyse it and was shocked with the conclusions I reached.

People love to laugh on others problem and that is exactly what happens with the so called 'Bheegi Billi'. It fails in whatever it tries to do and people see the lighter side of it. But if you think deeply it has been designed in such a manner so that people love it. So can we say that we are very mean and laugh at others problem. I apologize if I am taking a light subject too seriously but this thought crossed my mind and really disturbed me. Why we prefer to laugh at others problem ? Human nature is the simplest answer that I can think of. But then there should be something more.

This thought was sparked when I saw the show, I am in no way criticising the concept of 'Bheegi Billi' but then why not the 'Badshah Bhai' which also plays on the same channel is as popular as 'Bheegi Billi'? . There are a few questions that haunt me and I still don't have answers to. If any one of you has a answer that could guide me to a proper conclusion I will be happy to know.

But all said and done the 'Bheegi Billi' is a beautiful concept and is one of my favourites. So the next time you watch this show just take what it tries to show or depict and do not try to analyze it in depth as I did otherwise you may also end up writing a good for nothing post and confuse yourself even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment