Wednesday, December 2, 2009

MONEY matters

All of us remember the slogan by the 'Master Card' group. There are some things money can't buy for everything else there is Master Card. I have been pondering over this statement for a day or two now and I have concluded that the society today believes that money is the most important thing so the slogan can be re-phrased as 'There are somethings that money cannot buy, for everything else there is Money'. I have been trying to analyze the importance of money and I was surprised with the answers that I got.

In my opinion money is very important and it is directly proportional to the happiness in most cases but then actually are a few things that money cannot buy. By the grace of God, I have sufficient amount of money needed to live a decent life but I do not have many friends and money cannot get me good friends. I live away from my home, as my nature and place of work require me to, money cannot make me feel home. I am also not saying that I do not have the urge to get more money. I also wait anxiously for the bonuses to be declared and appraisals announced. Still I believe that money is not everything.

As a matter of fact I am willing to work on a reduced pay structure if I can get a job in my domain some place near to my hometown so in my case there are things that are more important than money. I can positively also say that the same holds true for most of you. But then I find myself almost all of the time trying to analyze the things that I need to do and the amount of money that I need to get these things done and also on the sources that would give me money. The biggest thing is the heavy home loan that I have that plays on my mind and has sparked me to write this post. I truly understand the importance and power of money but still believe that it is not everything. What say you ???

No comments:

Post a Comment