Monday, November 30, 2009

How to Craft a Blog Post Title ?

Recently I been facing a problem when it comes to decide titles for my blog post. I want to keep my titles attractive and interesting. Somehow I am not satisfied with the titles that I put up on my posts. I have been struggling to appropriately title my post then suddenly I understand the mind set of Shakespeare when he wrote 'As You Like It'. When such a great man had trouble finding a suitable title who the hell am I ?

I guess the title is very important as it is the first impression and more often than not it decides whether you read through it or just let go of it. But then I also do not want the title to be just anything interesting, it should also be able to properly represent the content that follows. I do not know how to get the titles.

The easiest way I believe is to pick up the first few words of the post and keep it as title followed by ... I tried to but then I did not like the looks of it so decided against it. I am actually very fussy and want things to be perfect for me before I can let it out for others to see or read. As a result I spend more time thinking for a appropriate title for my post than I actually do to write a post. So next time if you think that the title is not good enough and there could be a better title do let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment