Monday, November 30, 2009

How To Be Successful ?

"There are two things that prevent us from achieving our dreams: believing them to be impossible or seeing those dreams made possible by some sudden turn of the wheel of fortune, when you least expected it. For at that moment, all our fears suddenly surface: the fear of setting off along a road heading who knows where, the fear of a life full of new challenges, the fear of losing for ever everything that is familiar." quoted Paulo Coelho in "The Devil And Miss Prym".

Today I talked to one of my friends and I could make out that she was very low on confidence and that the fear of failure was all over her. I ran down my memory lane and tried to remember this quote, I had to finally search my library to pick out the book and read the beautiful words. I liked them so much and they were perfectly matched for the situation so I decided to put them here.

I would also like to quote another snippet from the same novel, "Whenever you want to achieve something, keep your eyes open, concentrate and make sure you know exactly what it is that you want. No one can hit their target with their eyes closed." I guess if you have confidence on yourself and you will surely succeed in life. It is the fear of failure that keeps us away from achieving our goals. I would like to conclude with a beautiful quote of Shiv Khera : "Winners don't do different things, they do things differently."

No comments:

Post a Comment