Sunday, March 14, 2010

Review of Ford Figo

I had heard about it through several people. It has been the talk of town for sometime now so I decided to go and have a hard look at it. I visited the Ford showroom and was surprised to see that I was not the only one who was there to see the newly launched Fego. People were present there in large numbers to take a look at the car. I studied all the facts of the car, went through the minutest details and also took the test drive. Here is what I experienced.

The car looks impressive, the interiors are good, the dashboard is of a dull red color which pinches in your eye, but that can be altered to black if you decide to take the top 2 models otherwise you have to live with that awfully bad dashboard. The car has sufficient leg space and I particularly liked the long leg room for the driver. It was a comfortable position to be in. The indicators switch has been positioned on the left side of the steering and the wiper controls are on right side, which is the exact opposite of the Maruti Swift that I proudly own, so it was confusing and I often hit the wipers when I wanted to hit the indicators but this is just matter of getting comfortable.

While driving it did not feel like I am driving a 1.2l petrol engine, the pick up is just ok, the car runs a bit heavy and you could feel the engine working hard to reach 60 with 4 people in it. The car was not as free as I expected it to be when I hit the top gear. The drive was ok but nothing more than that. I guess if you compare it with Ritz, i10 or so it does not stand a change for the comfort and ease of drive.

The car is heavily loaded with funky features, in a price of about 4.7 lakhs you are getting airbags, ABS, climate control system, rear wiper, a high tech music system with Blue tooth, front power windows and more. But as per my understanding, these things do matter but not as much as the engine performance, riding comfort. So for me this car is not worth the price. I would anytime go for Ritz Vxi (priced at 4.34 lakhs on road) than Fego (Zxi priced at 4.34 lakhs on road). For my personal liking, Fego disappoints.

No comments:

Post a Comment