Friday, March 5, 2010

Mixed Feelings on Coming Back

It has been a hectic week to say the least, I was occupied with my family and relatives for the better part of the week and when I returned back to Delhi and walked into office, it was like a torture to see so many mails lined up and so many pending tasks to attend. But then suddenly I realised, that I am back and I have to cover up for a weeks leave that I enjoyed so dearly.

It has been a great last week where I enjoyed each and every minute of the long holiday. It feels so good to be surrounded with parents, relatives and all loved ones. I so very miss all my family and friends there in Allahabad but then again that is the price that I was ready to pay when I choose this career. So no more regrets now.

I have certainly matured as a professional and I can actually feel it. There were situations that made me panic and nervous, they can now be handled easily and confidently. I could sense this change in me and I could feel the confidence as I walk around within the office premises. I guess when you have spent almost 3 years in a company, you feel at home and you are very comfortable and acquainted with the surroundings and atmosphere, and that helps boost your confidence. Even the walls seem to recognize you and never feel alone. It is a good feeling when there are people around you that are all familiar.

I can now understand why people do not want to switch their jobs that often. At a younger age I was of the opinion that you will get a significant increase in your pay when you switch your job so people should change their jobs regularly. But now at the position that I am and whatever little experience I have, my approach has certainly changed and now I think differently. Money is not the most important thing now. I have always wanted to talk about this topic but I guess I will do that in a new post. I do not want to make this post excessively long and out of context.

So I am back and yes I am very awake, I have been itching to write something but I did not get time for the same. But now when I am back, I would try to cover up for the time I have been away and give you people something good to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment