Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A New Experience

I had always wondered how would it be like to drive in hills. I had never been lucky enough to get a chance to drive on hills. But the last weekend I got the chance to drive on the Dehradun - Mussoorie road and it was a great experience. I must confess that it is a entirely different experience driving in hills as compared to driving in plains. You seem to get tired soon both mentally and physically. You have to be very alert all of the time, even a blink of the eye may be expensive. But it was a good experience.

I enjoyed the entire drive, although some part of it when I was driving through the city of Mussoorie was really scary with some really stiff uphill roads. The road was so narrow at places that only one vehicle could pass at a time and that was a bit of concern. I was also a bit nervous as it was the first time I was driving there and also the car was not mine so I also had to adjust to the car and its whereabouts.

I must say that it was a learning curve for me and I would love to experience the same again if I get a chance to do so. Now I feel more confident, I have also learnt few tips and tricks about driving uphill or downhill. Overall it was a great experience and I am looking forward for another trip soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment