Monday, July 5, 2010

Amarnathji Yatra : a lifetime achievement

It has been the best 4 days of my life. I have lived a entirely different life in the last few days and I am sure that I will remember each part of this trip my entire life. In such a short time I have witnessed so many things that most people don't see in their entire life. We went through a highly tensed Srinagar and saw stone pelting, we ran over several rivers, climbed various mountains, felt scorching sun at 14800 feet(Mahagun/Ganesha Top), walked over 7 kms on snow, found a Delhi sewa samiti langar on a snow peek at about 14500 feet over sea level which served 56 items(bhog), Walked down 3 kms on a single hill(Pissu Top), visited the the most holy place, the holy Amarnathji and came back safe and sound to Delhi.

This has been the best trip of my life so far and all the colleagues who were with me on the trip would agree with me on this. It was full of tension, excitement and dedication. It was a tough trip that took everything we had from us and in return gave us a memorable trip. After the holy darshan it felt like we had reached the top of the world and everything else seemed small. We could not believe that we had actually achieved what many people can only wish for. I am still in awe of the great yatra and trek that we are just back from.

There were so many events and situations that I want to share with you that it is virtually impossible for me to compile them into a single post, so I will be posting few posts to actually describe the whole trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment