Monday, July 12, 2010

I Hate Luv Storys

I had heard so many bad things about the movie which I could not digest. My conception was that the movie may not be a superhit but it would surely be an entertainer. I was very excited about watching the movie but could not get time to watch it. I liked the tangy title specially 'Luv' and 'Storys' and was interested to see what the movie wanted to show. I had seen the promos hence I was sure it was a romantic film but with a different flavour.

I must say that I believe in Love Stories and that made me more inclined to watch the movie. So last Sunday I watched the movie and I liked it. Well it is a OK movie with the first half being far far far more enjoyable than the second. I thought the movie was dragged and stretched a bit in the second half. I loved the songs and really liked the cool T-Shirts that were presented. I also enjoyed the pairing of Imran and Sonam. Imran, I believe has now matured as an actor and this was evident from the movie. I somehow don't seem to agree with the concept that a boy and girl cannot remain just friends but then I had no other choice than to swallow it.

The movie could have been more enjoyable had the second half been a bit more precise. The songs are really superb and I loved almost all of them. Overall I was not disappointed at the movie but I was not thrilled as well. As a matter of fact even after hearing so many criticism, I still thought that the movie was worth a try. Remember I also had the option to watch Milenge Milenge but I went for this movie because I wanted to see it from the very first day the promos were aired on television. The concept was the same as all other love stories (even the fact that Sonam was reading Love Stories by Erich Segal) but still there was something different, New Zealand for instance (pun intended). I enjoyed myself and had fun what about you ?

No comments:

Post a Comment