Saturday, July 17, 2010

Purani Jeans

Remember that song by Ali Haider, purani jeans aur guitar, (watch it here) which was so hit at that time. I still remember the year 1998 when this song was released and I was in school and how crazy I was about this song. But now when I hear this song, I can actually understand and connect to each and every line of the song. It is so true and makes me feel as if this was written keeping me in mind and I am sure you will feel the same if you listen to this song.

I was cleaning my cupboard when I hit upon a bag that was full of my old clothes and therein I found a pair of Jeans that I had purchased with my first salary. It is a Killer blue monkey wash jeans and it took me back 5 years and refreshed all the memories. It is so refreshing to walk the memory lane and remember so many beautiful things that had happened then and which are still fresh in my memory.

One of my favourite past time is watching photographs and that for this very reason that they take me back in time and then I can live in my dreams and that enlightens me and makes me happy. I want that phase to return but alas that is not possible. Nevertheless it is a good dream to live. I will share one such photograph with you which takes me down the memory lane and rejuvenates me. This is a pic taken in 2000 when I was in class 12th and features my friends and batch mates. I am no more in touch with most of them. I am connected to them virtually through Facebook/Orkut but I miss each one of them and the times that spent with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment