Saturday, October 6, 2012

Can Sri Lanka stop Gayle from Dancing

After the thumping victory over Australia West Indies have stormed into the finals of the T20 World Cup 2012 to fix a match with the inform Sri Lankans. What is going to happen nobody knows but one thing is for sure if Sri Lanka wants to be even close to that title they would have to stop Gayle from dancing (pun intended). I believe that Christopher Henry Gayle is the only thing that is standing between Sri Lanka and the world cup. He is undoubtedly the most effective and dangerous batsman in this format of the game and to stop him they would need the combined best efforts of Malinga, Mendis and all other tigers.
 
I have been an ardent fan of Gayle since I have seen him spank world class bowlers to all around the park with a walking stick (yes that is what his bat looks in his hand) which has a label of 'Spartans' on it. All of you who have watched the movie 300 will know what it means. I also somehow enjoyed his tweet when Pakistan lost to Sri Lanka in the semis. The tweet read 'So its Sri Lanka vs W.I in the final Sunday :)...Hard luck Pakistan!! Now I know who Pakistan will be supporting!. Blessed all... 1 Luv!!,'. This shows the confidence of the man and some arrogance as well. This can be very well linked to Michael Phelps saying before his race that he would win the race (gold medal) and retire.
 
Needless to say whom I would be supporting in the final on Sunday and regardless of who wins I would want that the match goes down to the wire and if possible down to the super over. I want to see the likes of Malinga and Mendis bowling into Gayle and Pollard and I want to see the likes of Sangakara and Mahela oozing with confidence and smashing the bowlers to all the corners of the ground. I want to see Malinga sliding in those yorkers and uprooting the stumps at will. I know I am getting greedy but that is something that you can expect when you have two such wonderful and talented teams fighting it out to be crowned the world champions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment