Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Have you been to Mc Donalds ?

I know answering this question is not going to earn you a Noble prize neither it will earn you a participation in the KBC. I have something more coming as the second part of this question. So let me add another flavour to this. I am almost certain that all of you are aware that Mc Donalds have a separate breakfast menu which they server till 11:00 am. After 11 they switch back to their original and more traditional menu. So this brings me to my actual question. How do they change their display menu in all of their outlets ?  
 
I have been to several outlets and at different time and I have always wondered how is that done. I have gazed at the menu boards that display the items on sale and I am very sure they do not project it or something of the sort. I am also certain that they do not have different printed boards or hoardings that they can change. I am totally confused and my anxiety was taking over me so I decided to actually go and witness it all by myself.
 
Today morning I went to the Mc Donalds at the MGF Metropolis Mall in Gurgaon around 10:45am and decided I would watch them change the display and hence give myself an answer and satisfy my curiosity. I must confess I am not a very big fan of burgers but because I was there I helped myself with a Chicken Sausage burger and somehow I did not enjoy it as much as I thought I would. This may be because I was more interested to watch the menu change rather than enjoy my burger.
 
It was 2 - 3 minutes past 11 and there was no activity at all from the crew members and that was not something that I looking forward too. It also made me think if this is controlled by some computerised central system and it would just flip on its own. Whilst I was jumping in and out of my minds exceptional creative idea pool I saw something that gave answers to all my questions. Yes they do it manually and the menu actually flips and now I know how it is done.
 
Have you ever wondered how this is done or if you now want to know how this is done, watch this video on Youtube . It gave me lot of satisfaction and put the pseudo random activity within me to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment