Monday, August 17, 2009

Finally I got there !!!

This post was written on Thursday, the 13th of August, though I have posted it today.

The much awaited long weekend has finally arrived. I am going home (Allahabad) and presently I am in the Train (Prayag Raj Express 2418). Today has not been a normal day in my life, it was very eventful. Though I am pretty happy now as things have finally fallen in shape. It has been a day where my heart has been pumping throughout and I was very worried all day long. Let me just revise the day for you.

My packing was almost done last night, I had left a few small things for today morning. I went to bed at around 11:30 yesterday night with the intention of getting up in time so that I have ample time to get ready and finalize my packing. It all started from here, I forgot to set the alarm and as a result woke up late and then had to hurry to get ready and reach office on time. Generally I drive my own car but just to relax I requested my friend to take his car. We reached office a bit late than usual but it was OK.

Things were cool in office till about 5:30 in the evening, since I had to catch this train we had decided to leave office at around 5:30 so I get ample time to have my food and reach the station to catch the train. Then this friend of mine (Ajay) in whose car we went to office today had to stay back for some official work. So I had to drive his car. He has a Zen oldest model which is barely in the condition to run. The car declines to move ahead with 3 people inside and the AC running. The piece of metal does not even have power steering. So I had a real rough time driving, the congested roads and traffic didn't make things easier.

I finally reached my house to note that the Gas Cylinder was empty and I was left with no option but to get some food from some place to eat. I rushed to KFC, got myself a Chicken Meal and ate it. I then had a shower and left my place at around 7:40. I had everything planned, the Metro takes about an hour to reach New Delhi Station and the train leaves at 9:25 so things should be pretty comfortable. As I came out of the society I found that I had left my wallet at the flat itself. So I had to go back to my flat at the 9th floor and get my wallet and come back. This wasted around 10 minutes of my time. To add to my problems there was no Rickshaw available outside the society. After walking some distance, I finally got a rickshaw that took me to the Metro Station.

As I reached the Metro Station and was getting my baggage checked, the Metro left the platform and I had to wait for the next Metro which was to come after 12 minutes. The time was 8:10 already and my heart was pumping fast and I was thinking that I may not catch the train, the Metro finally came at around 8:20 .It ran some distance and then it stopped suddenly for 5 minutes. There was no reason given for the stoppage but I guess it has something to do with the derailment that had happened a few days back. My eyes were doing a round robin between the station that was coming and the clock ticking. I was praying within myself and requesting God to help me catch the train.

Finally I reached the New Delhi station and my clock was showing 9:23 pm. I ran out of my life and somehow got into the Train. As I sit down here to write my experience, I have a smile on my face and relief within but this has been a hectic run to say the least. But now when I weigh it against the fact that I would be meeting my parents, relatives and other close friends, I feel this is nothing compared to the amount of fun and pleasure that I am going to have in the coming three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment