Monday, August 10, 2009

Way to Go In Recession

I just came across an article under Yahoo News Car sales jump 31 percent in July and was wondering is this the way to go in recession ?. In this post I shall try and summarize what to do to help get rid of recession.

Let me start with the above news first, it says that as compared to last year car sales have risen 31% and motorcycle sales have risen 19% and so on. I am not at all surprised at this figure and will not be surprised if this number increases even more in the coming year. I would like to highlight few points related to recession. First of all India is third in the least recession hit countries. Secondly the markets in India have recovered a bit, plus the fact that the prices have come down due to competition among various brands and also due to recession.

Then there is a gentleman that I know by the name of Yogesh Kumar, who is of the opinion that during recession there should be constant flow of money to keep things moving, hence we should spend. This great thinker also happens to be my flat mate and colleague. So just to honor his statement we went shopping last Sunday and to make our contribution we spent around 10,000 rupees. So the flow of money is maintained.

The recession is not as much into India as is in other countries. Even the layoffs and the job cuts that are occurring are majorly in US based or other Multinational Companies. Some companies who are even not hit by recession as such have taken this is a reason to clean up their unwanted stuff that were otherwise not possible. I am here in no way advocating that we are not hit by the recession wave, the only point that I am putting forward is that we have other ways to look at it and just forget it. It will pass out with time. This is a bad phase and is certain to pass, let us just keep our cool. I know it is easier said than done but I believe that is the way to go in Recession.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to tell you one thing my dear friend Passanger Car sales have shot up its not just bcoz of least recession or market recovery or competion. If you really want to know then just check out the real data of sale then you get to know the sales of real models. In actual terms sales have increased for luxury cars mostly bcoz there is no recession for high end customer and the point of increase in sales of motorcycle is also due to somehow I can say recession because people who wanted to purchase a starter cars can not afford it in the time of recession so for there daily use they have purchased motorcycles. That's what I think so.

    ReplyDelete