Saturday, August 22, 2009

Google Doodle

Google Doodle is the artistic, funny graffiti that we see on the Google Logo on its homepage on special occasions, dates or even birthdays of famous personalities. It is a lovely piece of work and I am a great admirer of the same. I often keep waiting for the events to come so that I can see another logo and know the reason behind its presence. I was wondering about the thought and the process that has given birth to this concept so I decided to get a insight into the Doodle.

Google Doodle is a concept that started in the year 2000 and has ruled the world since then. There is this man Dennis Hwang who is behind all this. The concept as per my understanding is that these people design a image for the google logo based on the event that is to come and then display it all day long on the event date. Sometimes the image that appears with the logo is so obvious that you can easily guess the event. Sometimes it is not that easy, but to make things easier for us they show the event name that they have depicted in tool tip on mouse hover. Also the logo has a link that leads you to Wikipedia where you can read in details about the event that the specific logo signifies.

I am a real fan of Google Doodle and when I read about the 'Doodle 4 Google' Contest, I could help myself and decided to write this post in order to salute the hard work that goes behind the presentation of the Doodles. It is a great concept and very informative. It helps us remember some important events, date and may other accomplishments. Keep up the good work, it is reaaly fantastic. View the Google Doodle logos here

No comments:

Post a Comment