Thursday, August 20, 2009

Office Bonanza - The Red Chillies

Yesterday we had a good 4 hours of entertainment in the office. The objective was to take a break from the daily routine and enjoy ourselves. The other motive that I guess was to develop team building and intimacy across various teams and team member. With this objective in mind the entire office staff was divided into teams consisting of approx. 10 members each. We called ourselves the 'Red Chillies'.

The events started on a serious note when few people were facilitated for their contribution to the company's success. The event was pretty boring till the time they announced my name as well. I was very surprised, I was not expecting it (though I did the last time around). After this award ceremony was over the actual events started.

We were informed about the various games that they had in store for us. For instance they had a small area marked by a ribbon and the entire team members were made to stand within that area for a total period of one minute. There was another game in which only two members from each team would participate and they had to alternatively call numbers in English and Hindi from 1 to 30 and the team that reaches 30 the earliest is the winner. It was something like one, 'do', three, 'char' and so on. There was also a game where each team was given some 35 balloons and the members had to blow into them until they burst. The team which finished their quota of balloons first would be declared winners.

Each team was also given 15 minutes time to present any play(skit) of their choice, there was prize for the best play and the second best play. Well this was my favourite part, I am so much into plays and theaters. The memories of the various events that I had been a part of and the medals and trophies that grace my house reminded me of the college days. I wanted to do so much but due to paucity of time I was not able to give it my 100%. Still we put up a good show with Swine Flu being the theme of our play. I wish one day I am given a chance to spell my magic all over again. I also want to check whether the actor inside me is still there or it has dissolved with time.

We had a great time and enjoyed ourselves, I personally feel and maintain that events like this should happen more regularly. It helps us understand each other better and for once we could forget all the Oohs and AAhhs and enjoy. It gives us the opportunity to become kids once again. But in reality it is not possible due to the tight schedule of our work and deliverable. It was a good experience especially due to the Award that I received. A big thank you to the company and colleagues for making this event a successful one.

No comments:

Post a Comment