Sunday, February 14, 2010

Confessions on Valentine's Day

We celebrate so many festivals in India but there is something special in the Valentine's Day. As I use this word I could see a spark in the eyes of so many people. I could see the Archie's gallery flooded with people, every gift shop seems like it is hosting a herd of cattle. The streets are filled with couples and it is such an amazing scene. I guess this is the most important festival for the youths and I still wonder why ?.

Hailed as the day of celebration of love, Valentine's Day is one occasion eagerly awaited not only by lovers of the world but by many people in general. From a "Lover's Only" day, Valentine's Day has come to be known as an occasion for all. But the enthusiasm is still with the youths. They just take it as a platform to prove their love towards their partner or may be to even communicate to their partner that they love him/her so very much. If you are in love or you have been in love trust me that is a really great feeling and it makes you rise over and above your capabilities to help or support your partner.

I remember my days when I was in a relationship, every day was a Valentine's day and I must say even after a period of 4 long isolated years, I still remember each word I said to her and each joke we shared, and everything else each bit of it and I wonder how is this possible but it is. It is all as fresh in my memory as new. But I guess Valentine day is not just for the love of your life it could be celebrated with any one whom you love it could be any friend, relative or a blood relation. I am going out with my friends to enjoy. Well not exactly to enjoy, we have a whole list of items that we need to purchase but yes that would also be fun.

2 comments:

  1. What would u say about those people who didn't listen to other person and made there mind that opposite person is on fault. love only hurts. It just breaks heart. It never gives happiness.

    -Anu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I somehow disagree with your statement that love only hurts. Yes I can understand the situation where you feel hurt by the behaviour of your partner but I would still maitain that the time that you spend together and when you are happy is way bigger than the hurt. I believe that being in love is one of the best things that can happen to a person. I would request you to change your mind and see the brighter side of things. It mat be so that the person who hurt you didn't deserve you or may be didn't even love you. But if you think that he/she is the person for you then think about it once again and you will agree that love is really a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete