Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Down the Memory Lane

It was my Birthday on the 8th of February (it is OK you can wish me now) and I was just thinking about some of my previous birthday and how I celebrated each one of them. I have some really good memories of my previous birthdays. There were times when there were around 20 people celebrating along with me but this time I was all alone and only my roommates accompanied me. I though enjoyed my day and was really happy that so many of my friends whom I am not in touch except virtually (thanks to the Internet) also called me or messaged me. My social networking sites Orkut and Facebook were flooded with birthday wishes and I was really moved.

But there were a few sad moments on the day also. I did not get calls from two of my closest friends, though one of them sent me a birthday card over my mail but the other one didn't even wish me. I was like waiting the entire day and every time my phone rang I thought finally the call has come but it did not. Neither I have regrets nor do I think that it was intentional they might have just forgotten it. I was very disappointed but guess that happens. It was day of mixed emotions there were beautiful moments and there were dull moments.

Overall it was a good day and I enjoyed the feeling and the importance that people gave me was overwhelming. I guess every body enjoys to be in the limelight although I personally know some people who want to be in the background always. I often feel sad being away from my home, parents and friends and so many times I ask myself what am I doing here in alien land and the answer I get is simple It is your destiny and you are living it. But it is a great feeling and I enjoy closing my eyes and strolling down the memory lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment