Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Google Buzz

There is another addition to the already existing Social Networking sites, Google Buzz. It comes as Google's attempt to build yet another social network. Read this really interesting article and find out more about the Buzz. My concern is a little different than Google's what I am worried about is that I may have to join Buzz and also be active on it. I first tried my hands on Orkut and that was ages after my friends were there. I enjoyed it, loved scrapping, sharing videos and pictures and was very addicted to it. Then I heard about this Facebook thing and my inbox was flooded with Facebook invites and then one bright day, I succumbed to it and had an account on Facebook too.

I started using facebook and got interested, suddenly Orkut took a back seat and Facebook was running strong. But I could not get out of Orkut and was faced with a situation where I had to maintain two accounts one on Orkut and the other on Facebook. It is very troublesome to manage so many accounts. Everything that I do I have do it twice once each for Orkut and Facebook and I am fed up of it. There were also smaller sites that did not gain impetus like Hi5 and all but I never joined. But now with the introduction of Buzz I have been made to think again. I am not yet clear if I would join it but one thing is for sure I am not going to maintain 3 accounts so either Orkut or Facebook will have to go and if I have to take a decision Orkut may face the axe but then I am still not clear.

The Buzz has to be something different if it wants to stand the stiff competition. I am going to use it for a couple of days just to check it out and decide accordingly. Although there are some things that I hate about Buzz already. When I logged into my Gmail account, I saw Buzz link in the LHS just under the Inbox and on clicking it I saw a window where it was written "You are automatically following 7 people" and the list of those 7 people was there. I did not like the concept of 'automatically' but having said that I would still give it a chance to prove itself. I guess Google deserves this.

No comments:

Post a Comment