Saturday, July 4, 2009

Friendship....

Friendship is the only relation that a person makes all by himself, all other relations in world are forced upon us. Some come by inheritance and some by birth. So this pious relation is a very delicate relation and needs utmost care and understanding to survive. We have several famous friendship examples, Krishna and Sudama being the oldest and most famous known friends. Even movies these days boost friendship and show how friends can do anything and everything for each other. Just for reference we have the famous Jai and Veeru from Sholay.

Friendship could be defined as a co-operative and supportive behavior between two or more people. But in the actual sense it more than just supportive behaviour. In my opinion a friend is such a person with whom you feel very comfortable with and share all the secrets and feelings. A friend is one person who is always there when you need and on whom you can have blind faith.

There are so many things that we cannot share with our parents but we can easily let our secrets out on friends. Friends are basically like brother and sister born of different mother. In words of Aristotle Friendship is A single soul dwelling in two bodies. I totally agree and i am sure you will also agree with me on this. I can remember several instances when i have been in a fix and my friends have bailed me out of it. I am presently living from away from my parents with my friends and i am very content and satisfied. I have never had the feeling that i am living with friends, we live like a family and share each and everything.

There are and will always be conflicts between friends, but true friends never keep anything in their hearts and try to resolve the misunderstanding that have lead to the conflict. They never grumble over small things and understand each others mental state and help them in their tough times. Another important thing in friendship that we know the actual person, so if i make a friend it would mean i am ready to accept the person with all his qualities, good and bad, as it is without any change.

Friendship is a relation that demands too much from a person. It demands love, affection and understanding. These are the ingredients that indeed make good friends. It is not necessary for friends to be physically available, the important thing is that they live in each other's heart. I have some really good friends with whom i talk once in 3 months or so and have not met for months but we share a unparalleled friendship which demands no explanation. Sometimes i need not even say things, friends close to you are able to understand what is going inside you without anyone telling them about your mental state at any point of time.

We share and spend a large part of our life with our friends. For people like me who live away from their home and parents are more dependent upon friends. To quote Walter Winchell: A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. So all in all a friend in need is a friend indeed. Friendship is one of the best and wonderful relation in this world. It is a beautiful feeling and i must say that a friend is the only other person from our parents and relatives with whom we share all the important things of our life.

I thank all my frinds for being there for me and helping me out each and every time and supporting me throughout my life. I would like to conclude with Robert Alan's words:
"The rain may be falling hard outside, But your smile makes it all alright.
I'm so glad that you're my friend. I know our friendship will never end."

1 comment:

  1. Nicely written blog. Hope everyone thinks same way.

    ReplyDelete