Sunday, July 19, 2009

Kentucky Fried Chicken [KFC]

I have been to KFC a number of times and each time I go there I seem to enjoy the food more and more. The nearest KFC store from my place was in Rajouri Garden about 15kms from my place, so I could not go there on a regular basis. KFC opened a branch in Dwarka couple of months back and now it is easier to reach, it also accepts Sudexo Meal Passes which makes it even better. I have tried out several dishes and combos and liked all of them though the fried crispy chicken remains the favourite. On my last visit I tried the new Toasted Twister Meal and loved it. It was priced at 129 plus taxes. The combo contained a Toasted Twister, 3 pieces of Chicken Wings and a Regular Pepsi and was sufficient to feed one adult. I would recommend the same to all of you Chicken freaks, it is a must have. The toasted twister is a really wonderful recipie that KFC guys have dished out. It is also an advice that, if possible, don't get things parcelled to your place, it is more delicious when consumed hot, packaging destroys the originality.

The basic difference between Chicken preparation at KFC and other outlets is the Crispy wrapper that they put on the Chicken. It tastes superb but it is a very heavy dose and is full of oil and fats. Talking about facts, KFC primarily sells chicken in form of pieces, wraps, salads and sandwiches. While its primary focus is fried chicken, KFC also offers a line of roasted chicken products, side dishes and desserts. For the vegetarians in India, KFC also has great tasting vegetarian offerings that include the Veggie Burger, Veggie Snacker and Veg Rice meals.

They have several weird and funny slogans that I seem to like 'Discouraging Table Manners Since 1930', 'Way back in 1930 Colonel Harland Sanders Got Some Distinguished KENTUCKY FOLK LICKING Their Finger, It's Been A Fashion Since' to quote a few. They also have some slogans in the store like 'We use 100% chicken as 99.9% s not as good as 100%', 'We use separate utensils and oil for cooking vegetarian food as Chicken and Matar don't go together'. These tits and bits make the environment there bit humorous. In India, KFC is growing rapidly and today has presence in 11 cities with close to 50 restaurants. I promote the Chicken revolution carried by KFC and accept that I am a big follower.

No comments:

Post a Comment