Sunday, July 12, 2009

Is it too difficult to speak the Truth ???

Is speaking Truth such a big challenge that people always tell lies. I read some where that Truth is the Hardest thing to Do on the Planet! Even Adam said,"It wasn't Me!". I just want to put a open question why do people refrain from speaking the truth ? Is speaking truth such a big think or people are just casual and don't bother about it.

My father used to tell me that no matter what happens and how big it is you should have the guts to accept it. I have been told to be honest but i am very surprised at the amount of manipulation that people do. I am really puzzled and just want write my heart out, maybe this is the only way by which I can feel relieved. I also believe that every person has his own perception and thinks accordingly, so what is good for one may not be good for others. But having said that I still cannot justify myself that not speaking the truth is good for anyone. I have also learnt that if a lie can save a life then it is not bad, but if people tell a lie on very small and insignificant things which could have been easily avoided I just don't understand it.

I maintain that It is always better to err on the safer side so if you are not sure what exactly you need to do you should tell the truth. If you tell one lie, you will have to tell another 1000 to keep the fisrt one in place. Remember that sequence from DDLJ when Farida Jalal asks ShahRukh and Kajol to run away and ShahRukh says something like "Meri Maa kahti hai beta jeevan mein hamesha tumko 2 raaste milenge ek sahi aur ek galat. Galat raasta bahut hi aasan hoga aur tumhe apni taraf kheechega, aur sahi raasta utna hi mushkil". Similarly it is always very easy to tell a lie and very difficult to tell the truth. But the problem is when the lie is exposed it destroys everything. No relation can ever survive if it is not based on truth and trust.

I would request all of you to refrain from telling a lie and have the guts to speak the truth. If you are doing something that you cannot tell someone it simply means that you are doing something wrong. So by speaking the truth you are also maintaining that you are doing good things. So let us pledge to speak the truth as much as possible and to resort to other means when we have no other option left. I would like to make reference to an advertisement that played some time back (ye meri seat thi.... tumhe jaldi chalna chahiye tha) which ended with something like 'janwar banna aasan hai par kya insaan bane rahe itna mushkil'. I want to put a question to you all "Jhooth bolna aasan hai par kya sach bolna itna mushkil hai ....". Think over it and take your decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment