Friday, October 16, 2009

2 States : Chetan Bhagat


I have liked Chetan Bhagat's way of writing and admired all three of his works. He has recently released his latest book titled '2 states The story of my marriage'. Upto now Chetan has never written anything about his wife so I really waiting to get a copy and read it. I hope this would be as good as his other work and would not dissappoint. I googled for this new book and I hit upon the synopsis of this book and that has made me really excited and now I am waiting eagerly to get my hands onto it and read it but it would not be before Saturday that I would be able to get my hands on it.

The Synopsis of the book goes as under:

Love marriages around the world are simple:
Boy loves girl. Girl loves boy.They get married.

In India, there are a few more steps:

Boy loves Girl. Girl loves Boy.
Girl’s family has to love boy.
Boy’s family has to love girl.
Girl’s Family has to love Boy’s Family.
Boy’s family has to love girl’s family.
Girl and Boy still love each other. They get married.

Welcome to 2 States, a story about Krish and Ananya. They are from two different states of India, deeply in love and want to get married. Of course, their parents don’t agree. To convert their love story into a love marriage, the couple have a tough battle in front of them. For it is easy to fight and rebel, but it is much harder to convince. Will they make it?

The story sounds interesting, go read it and enjoy it. I would certainly post my reactions as soon as I am finished with the book. I am really looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. The comments of Mr. Harshal Pradhan as mailed to me.

    2 States is a good read, I am sure you will like it. Its not in the same class as "Five Point Someone", but is much better than "Three Mistakes".

    Towards the end thoda sa Hindi-Filmy drama hai jo thoda sa khatakta hai. But overall the drama over-the-top nahin hai.


    I have posted it so that everybody can read the thoughts of the great man.

    ReplyDelete