Thursday, October 15, 2009

Happy Diwali !!!

Diwali or the festival of light is just around the corner. I have been preparing all along the week for the same. I will be going home tomorrow night to celebrate with my family. I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a very very happy Diwali and wish that this festival brings peace and prosperity to each of our lives.

I have just finished packing for my trip. It has been a hectic week in office, majorly due to the fact that my Manager was on leave hence I had added responsibilities that otherwise I leave to him, so I didn't get time to actually build up my tour. But now I am happy and raring to go, we also have a small function planned at office today so things are looking good.

It is that time of the year when the entire country unites to celebrate the beautiful festival of lights. The 'diyas', the sparkling lights, the sound of crackers and the atmosphere of Ganesha - Lakshmi poojan could be seen all around. New clothes, sweets, lovely and rich food and the company of parents, friends and other loved one make it a moment to cherish.

Diwali celebrations start with the traditional Ganesha Lakshmi pooja and is followed by burning crackers and meeting relatives and exchanging gifts. It is believed that Lakshmi is the Goddess of money and prosperity and brings prosperity to the people who worship her. Overall this is a great festival and is celebrated by all. I would like to conclude by once again wishing all you a Happy Diwali.

No comments:

Post a Comment