Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Analysis of 2 States

I finished reading 2 States and I enjoyed each and every line of it. I would like to warn the people who have been in love they should not read this book as they may just brake down into tears. It is a great novel with a beautiful plot that unfolds at the best pace possible. Though this is not the same class as ‘Five Point Someone’ but it certainly re- establishes the sense of maturity that Chetan shows while describing any subject. There are melodramatic sequences into the novel but they don’t go over the head and could be accepted.

In short I would say it is 270 pages of complete fun and you won’t be able to leave it once you start reading. I had a great time reading it and I believe it has lived up to the expectations. The characters, their description are spot on. Even the story is so simple that you feel so attached to it and believe it is your story. It references so many instances of our college life that each one of us has faced at least a couple of times. Also you never have to pressurize you mind to remember the characters and sequences. I would give it a 8 on a scale of 10.

I have been a fan of Chetan since I read ‘Five Point Someone’ and this had made me a bigger fan of his writings. I wish that he keeps on getting these books out more frequently for readers like me to benefit. Every time I think that now he talked about all stages of his life and what would be next but to my surprise he comes out with another beautiful subject crafted from within the same time period. The description that he gives of the South Indians and Punjabis is excellent and I could see the faces of few of my relatives and friends who fall in the aforesaid category. I would recommend each one of you to grab a copy of this book as soon as possible and read it you will definitely enjoy it. I bow down to the master and his beautiful work.

No comments:

Post a Comment